Tuesday, July 24, 2018

SPREAD the MAGIC - Handmade card using Crafter's Companion Harmony Inks, Sheena Douglas die, Donna Ratcliff stamps

I'm not sure I'll ever get out of this chair now that I have more Crafter's Companion supplies.  I started off making a background for a Halloween project but I saw the fox stamp in Donna Ratcliff's stamp set "New Magic" and it just yelled ... "my tree" ... so ..

Loving all the glorious color.
Stamps, Die, & Inks by Crafter's Companion
Tree Die - Sheena Douglass - Autumn Branches
Fox, Sentiment, Grass Stamps - Donna Ratcliff - New Magic
Paper for stamping and background - Crafter's Companion / Spectrum Noir Water Color Cardstock
Black Paper - Bazzill



Here's a few photos of the progress of ink for the background:
Using different size circles cut from scrap paper I "masked" off as I applied the yellows

Added some oranges and purples

Some of the darker brick red (Bordeaux)
Quck SPLASH of water squirted from a spray bottle

After the water dried the colors were more muted but the water distress was gorgeous

I went back over the inks with more ink to revive the deep yellows and purples 

Some added Bordeaux ink and it's taking shape 


No comments:

Post a Comment