Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day of the Dead Miniature Top Hat with Paper Roses and Skull

Before moving along I had to take on my son's challenge of making a Day of the Dead top hat out of chipboard.  Using the ventilation tape embossed and painted with black Gesso, layered with Triple Thick.  Large orange rose was made with Bazzill cardstock, skull is a free clipart found on the net, glued to chipboard and sealed with Triple Thick for shine.

Like the other top hats I've made this one is also a treasure box with a latch and hole in the bottom :)

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Evil Forest Button Fairy With Vintage Buttons

I hadn't even heard of these fun little creations (BUTTON FAIRIES) until there was a challenge on The Craft Hole (a FB craft group) after finding a clipart piece on the internet of an amazing fairy witch, I added some hand drawn wings embellished with Liquid Peals and Distress Inks and made her tail out of 2 large vintage buttons and a few newer ones, added some beads and crystals and a crown to her head and loved the result!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Feather Victorian & Evil Eye Steampunk Top Hat with Hidden Treasure Box bottom (using mix of handcut and Tim Holtz die cutouts)

The wings are cut from Tim Holtz Heart  Wings die - layered over with embossed aluminum foil tape, patina'd with Ranger Inks patinas and alcohol inks then dipped in UTEE.

The flap is held on by magnets attached to the Tim Holtz latch.
I used a smaller version of the pattern I made for the November top hats to make these for a challenge for The Craft Hole.