Thursday, July 19, 2018

Crafter's Companion Fairy stamps using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers

Waiting for my new Crafter's Companion (CC) ink pads (they should be here in a few days) - I only have a couple so far, so I pulled out some old ink pads and smeared on a background.  The beautiful blending of the CC Ink pads just can't be matched.   The "skyline" looked like a good place for a fairy to live so it gave me the opportunity to use my new fairy stamps (from CC also)  - all the stamped images, the Snail Shell House, Fairy, Ferns, & Acorn Lamps) are stamped on CC Spectrum Noir Watercolor Cardstock.  After coloring them with alcohol markers (Spectrum Noir (by Crafter's Companion)) I fussy cut the images out, and attached them to the background by running them through a Xyron machine to apply adhesive.  Art Journals are a new thing for me.  I know crafters/artists have made them from the beginning of time, but I always wondered ... "WHY?" "what's the purpose?" ... Now I know IT'S SO FUN! and a great way to try out new techniques or products without messing up a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment