Saturday, June 21, 2014

High Heeled Shoe Card, using Graphic 45 An Eerie Tale paper, Tim Holtz Bow Tied and Handmade Paper Flower Roses



The Friday Night challenge at The Craft Hole (Facebook Group) gave us a template and 3 hours to make a card - cards are my bane! They take me FOREVER to get the way I want so I was pleasantly surprised the way this one turned out in less than 3 hours. It was my first time using Tim Holtz' Bow Tied Die (another die that I bought because I'm a crafting hoarder and actually didn't think I'd use much and now realize I'm in LOVE with it and will use it day after day after day). By the way, the die was made so that you can join the bow with the Idea-Ology Tiny Attacher and the center pieces are made to perfectly fit over the itty bitty staple.  The man is a crafting genious! 
There unevenness on the bottom is just a shadow.

The background paper is "Enchantment" - part of Graphic 45's new An Eerie Tale line (gorgeous!) and though the pic doesn't show it well, the bow and bottom of the shoe are a metallic gold.  All flowers were made using the EK Sucess Retro Flower (medium size) and leaves are the Punch Bunch Fern punch, Martha Stewart's Branch, McGill's Birch Leaf Punch, the 3 prong leaf is an end off  a die cut from the Tim Holtz Garden Greens die.  Card is made from Bazzill (brown).  The black little ball embellies were white, but that didn't look so "sexy" so I used the enamel black (model paint) and made the color change. :D  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment